It is our course policy to restrict motorized golf cart traffic when weather or turf conditions warrant. This policy ensures that we can continue to provide the best possible playing conditions in the long term.
However, we also recognize the needs of the disabled golfer who suffers from permanent walking impairments or other conditions that would make it impossible for him or her to enjoy our golf courses with restrictions on golf cart use.
Golfers with disabilities will be asked to identify themselves to management. Please provide proof of a disability, such as a government-issued permanent disabled car placard or other identifying information which may reasonably be accepted as valid.
Management will provide golfers covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act with a golf cart with an identifying flag. This will allow the disabled golfer only to access restricted areas around greens, bunkers, etc. Please address any questions or concerns to the golf course management.
Please understand that this golf cart traffic may adversely affect turf and soil, as well as playability. We appreciate your cooperation in using care and exercising good judgment.
Any use of carts off the cart path is at your own risk, and any problems or injuries resulting from such use are the golfer's responsibility. For safety reasons we strongly discourage the use of the golf cart on severe slopes or through tall grass areas. Natural, unmowed areas may be designated as environmentally sensitive; please avoid these areas with the golf cart.
Course management reserves the right to restrict all golf cart traffic (yellow and red condition) in rare instances when excessive heat, moisture stress, new turf, other weather-related or maintenance-related conditions create extreme safety issues or would result in any cart traffic causing excessive turf damage. If at any time it is apparent these conditions might exist, we suggest calling ahead.
Violation of this policy may result in suspension of golf privileges.
We encourage your suggestions and ask for your cooperation in providing accessibility and making the Newport News Golf Club at Deer Run a quality golf experience. If you have any questions, please contact the Greg Overton, PGA Golf Professional at (757)
Restrictions and guidelines pertaining to golfers covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act
Golfers may use motorized golf cart to access all areas of the golf course
Please keep golf carts off the fringe around greens and avoid all observed wet areas
Normally the first day following cart path only restrictions
Deer Run Course
- # 1 Access to green only from rear of green
- #4 Avoid left side of green within 40 yards of green
- #7 Avoid area 40 yards in front of green
- # 9 Avoid rear of green
- # 12 Access to green only from rear of green
- #14 Access to green only from rear of green
- #16 Access to green only from rear of green
- # 1-9 Restricted to cart paths only
- # 10 All golfers cart path only
- # 13 All golfers restricted to keep casts behind designated white line (Approximately 30 yards from green)
- # 16 All golfers restricted to keep carts behind designated white line (Approximately 30 yards from green)
- # 18 All golfers restricted to keep carts behind designated white line (Approximately 30 yards from green)
All golfers are restricted to cart paths only.